2010年7月20日星期二

the PAW1300 to be a much better fit without any compromise in functionality

In thepast couple of weeks, it has missed syncing onlytwice and that is most likely due to my placing itnear some electronic equipment overnight.I found it very difficult to sync the watch duringthe daytime and if you ever listen to shortwaveradio you will understand the reasons for this:it's almost always easier to pick up a weak shortwavesignal at night. Casio probably knows this and thisis why the watch is programmed to attempt syncingat 12:00am and for the next 4 hours on the hour.Being that I am a watch lover cursed with relatively narrow wrists, however, I find the PAW1300 to be a much better fit without any compromise in functionality.The PAW1300 series is available in black (PAW1300-1V), green (PAW1300-3V), and with a titanium bracelet (PAW1300T-7V).The buttons on the PAW1300 are squared off as opposed to the rounded buttons of the PAW1200. The flat su***ce allows the labels (mode, comp, baro, and alti) to be printed directly on the buttons rather than on the case, which, in turn, allows for a smaller case. The PAW1300 has a smaller resin band than its predecessor, and has a single pin buckle rather than a double pin. There are things I like about the PAW1200 over the 1300, and if I had enough real estate on my wrist to accommodate it, I'd probably go with the PAW1200. All in all, it's a great watch. I got the titaniumwatchband since I tend to wear out leather andrubber watchbands fairly quickly. It's a bit moreexpensive then the other bands (I paid $239) but I think it will be worth it.Thanks, Sam. I couldn't have said it better myself. All I have to add is: The PAW1300 has additional markers outside the outer LCD ring which are used with both the compass and the barometer. They are highly reflective and almost sparkle when the light hits them right.